Saturday, April 20, 2013

Time For Change

I've been a yoyo "dieter" my whole life. I'd change my eating habbits, lose weight then revert back to my old eating habbits putting back all the weight I dropped and then some. 
I went to a doctors appointment back in October 2012, and stepped on the scale. I knew it would read around around 300 lbs easily. It read a whopping 350. I knew I wasn't doing a good job eating healthy... but I didn't know how extreme it was causing me to put on 70 POUNDS!? The last time I weighted myself before that I weighed around 278. I was expecting to have put on maybe 20-30 pounds. Boy as I just shocked, embarrased.. and being me.. I just tried to brush it off... like it was no big deal, when it was a big deal. If I kept it up I could easily be 400 or even 500 pounds in a year or 2.
I got on phentermine again. The first time I took it I lost 50 pounds in a couple months. I dropped 8 pounds. Good start.. but clearly it wasn't working as good as the first time. This drug can have that affect. It works on your centeral nervous system.. and what happens? Well your body, like with any other drug, gets used to it and it loses it's effect. I didn't make another appointment for a second perscription. Since paying out of my pocket wasn't worth it. I could lose 8 lbs in a month without this drug.
So I continued on watching what I ate. But I didn't have much energy to exercise. I'd try to get on the bike or treadmill, but lacked the energy and motivation to do so daily.
Here's where AdvoCare came in. My sister introduced me to this product, and like anyone else, I was a bit skeptical. I know you can't just lose weight with supplements alone. She gave me a 24 day challenge for Christmas. AWESOME!!! I was excited to give it a try. So on New Years, I joined a bunch of others who were starting the New Year New You Challenge.
I started the cleanse, and felt good the first day.. eating clean.. drinking lots of water.. and the spark was great. I did feel a little crappy mid way through.. and I can't say if it was a winter cold or the toxins leaving my body.. but it subsided quickly.
Once the 10 day herbal cleanse was finished I was feeling pretty good not to mention 11 lbs lighter! It was time for the MNS stage of the challenge. OH MY GOD! This stage was AWESOME! Can you say ENERGY? I loved it. And even better.. it lasted throughout the day. I finally had the energy I needed to do my workouts and feel great doing them. I wanted to workout.
Today (4/19/13) I weigh 315 lbs. And still have the energy I need to complete my workouts and stay on track. I'm loving this AdvoCare Journey so far.



No comments: